While we would love to help you with any and all of your scrap materials, there unfortunately are some materials we can not accept. In compliance with the Alberta Environmental Regulations and Mill Requirements & Standards, we are unable to accept:
- Dirt, concrete, household trash, rubber, rubber tires, glass, wood, insulated items
- Fluids including but not limited to:
- Hydraulic oil
- Hydraulic cylinder (must be pulled apart and drained of all fluids)
- Sulfured material
- Rebar, steel cable, banding, barbed wire (these items are acceptable if chipped or cut to 6”- 8″ pieces)
- Fridges, freezers, microwaves
- Electronics: TVs, stereos, phones, computers, monitors, keyboards
- Capacitors, ballasts, micro switches
- Aerosol cans, propane tanks, sealed or squashed drums, sealed containers/tanks
- Cans or containers that contain or did contain paint, sealers, pesticides or other toxic chemicals
- Sludge, grindings, bag house dust, scale, weld and torch cut fines
If you are unsure if we can accept your scrap materials, feel free contact us so that we can advise.
Due to the hazardous materials that are found in e-waste and electronics, we cannot accept them as recyclable materials. However, we’ll be happy to point you towards the authorized electronic recycling depots in Calgary!